Thursday, September 4, 2008

Here and Gone

Can you feel it? Summer's fading, fleeting, almost gone. I know I can. And while the weather is still as hot as ever, the care-free ambience of summer feels so far away. But the thing is, it doesn't depress me or make me sad. I love autumn. I love fall. I love autunno, outono, herbst. I love whatever you want to call the season in between summer and winter. I don't know about you but I always get shivers (the good kind!) when the cool breeze ruffles your hair and smells of autumn leaves-- so much so that you can almost smell all of the colours. The pumpkins, the long walks, apple cider, the (now veg for me)  version of Thanksgiving turkey dinner, little girls dressed up as princesses, little boys dressed up as ghouls, goblins, beasts-- you know, those incredibly cute, not scary at all monsters. It's a beautiful season and I love it.

In honor of fall here's my first fall 08 inspiration board. 

(photos: tfs, elle.com, St. John's, DKNY, Burberry, sephora)

I'm predicting that purples, maroons, burgundies, and deep navy blues are going to be in this season (as well as solid oranges --which are often one of the hardest colours to wear, and blacks/ grays [but has that ever really changed from well... the 1800's?]). For everything from make up (especially, maroon shadows are going to be big) to tights (yes we all know leggings are going quickly and tights are definitely more fashionable), these colours will rock these next couple of months. (Until the winter days hit for which I'm expecting the deep reds, classic liquid-lined eyes, peacoats, romantic Victorian-esque boots (with semi-frilly edging, decoratively tasteful buttons, and lace appliqués perhaps?) and massive scarves will return as usual). If you're confused with the colours this fall just look to the Nine West ads for a little direction: Les couleurs sont très chic, non?



Currently Listening: Time to Pretend - MGMT, Autumn in New York - Frank Sinatra

Love,
Belle

No comments: